Sunday, October 18, 2015

Of white kurtas and beaded beauties










I wear kurtas to work regularly and the only way I do plain white kurtas is with heaps of silver or beads. It's the only way I understand minimalistic, I use my neutrals as a base to show off my latest obsessions. What other way is there to do minimalistic?

I had been obsessing about this picture of a lady from Mauritius who had posted the most divine photo while pregnant. No, not obsessing about her pregnancy glow, even though she was glowing like a Goddess from head to toe, I couldn't look away from her awesome beaded necklace! I finally asked her about it and discovered this amazing shop run by an awesome lady from Perth, Gifts from Africa. They have the most wonderful collection of beaded jewellery at prices that literally made my mouth water. Seriously if you love jewellery, you need to check her out.

I love buying from independent women owned businesses, even more so when they are fellow WoCs. It gives me a warm, happy, fuzzy feel. Navaratri has finally started and I am in the mood to celebrate with wonderful handmade jewellery :) I haven't been able to take this necklace off since I got it, and sometimes stop what I am doing to stare at it.

Hope you're having a great time where ever you are.

No comments: