Sunday, June 23, 2013

If you find something you love, wear it over and over again












The weather has been super cold and rainy lately so taking any sort of outfit photo is impossible, all I want to do is curl up in bed read, watch movies and draw. Therefore these random photos of things I find fun will have to do in lieu of an actual post about anything.

These vintage leather shorts are my most loved pair in leather, my most comfortable pair of suede wedge heels, the Ikat bag and the cowrie shell bracelets made the whole outfit more me. The woven bag in the last two pictures and the crochet dress are in regular use summer or winter.

It makes me really glad that I re-use and love my clothing and accessories till they literally fall apart and the quality of most vintage things are better than the cheap fast-fashion a lot of people seem to favour. I really don't get the idea that one should wear clothes or accessories just once, if you found something you really treasure wouldn't you want to wear it over and over again?

I hope everyone's having a great weekend, Monday is going to be hard with the freezing temperatures here...

4 comments:

Project Curve said...

i have tees from years ago i still don't throw out..some of them i don't fit into but i still have them..i love everything you are wearing!

Helga said...

Jaysus, the weather has been appalling, hasn't it?! We had three days of torrential rain, and a girlfriend asked me to go out on saturday night, whereupon I replied rather rudely, WTF?! I am NOT going out in this shit!!!
The dim light does make taking outfit pix difficult. Not to mention getting dressed is a pain in the arse when you need 40 layers! O well, Summer will be upon us soon enough......I hope.......!
XXX

Flora Cruft said...

I love this casual but oh so cool look, the shorts in particular. And how lovely to see a shot of your beautiful face.

Vix said...

Our weather's been like that almost continually for three years now so I feel your pain. Thank goodness for trips to India to cheer me up!
Lovely to see your gorgeous face and those incredible legs of yours. I despise "fast fashion". xxx