Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Home decor fixations



As I mentioned in the last post, we've moved houses and with the new, bigger, brighter house and considerably higher rent comes the excitement and deliriousness (in my case) to do up the place. I have been combing blogs, pictures, magazines, markets, home decor shops, thrift stores and plant sellers like a woman possessed, for inspiration as well as pretty little things to make this house a home that I love. Right now my mind is completely absorbed with making a tropical paradise in the balcony and sunny parts of the house not to mention start a little herb garden where basil and curry leaves will grow side by side. I cannot wait to fill every available space with fairy lights, little Buddha statues, succulents, temple flags, candles, incense, Kalamkari wall hangings, Madhubani paintings, picture frames loads and loads of crochet, cushions and embroidered fabric. And since my mind is swimming with pictures I decided to share some of them with you and also two blogs that always cheer me up decor inspiration wise.

I would give anything to live in something akin to Justina's (from the blog Justina Blakenly) jungalow ie part bungalow part jungle tropical paradise/ bohemian home of my dreams. Another lady who seems to read my mind with her blog where my home inspirations come to life is moon to moon. Here are a few pictures of the kind of houses and home accessories that make my heart skip a beat.

I am going to try very hard to not put a million pictures below. Happy Tuesday all!












All pictures: Tumblr















3 comments:

Keit said...

Sooo jelaous of you! I've always dreamed to have a room of my own,which I can turn into a Christmas village,cause I'm a Christmas freak :-D
Would love to see your home when it's finished!!!

aki! said...

Your images have a lot of different influences I don't see often. Hope I get to see it all together.

Project Curve said...

ahhh..show us soon what you have done with your place!!!i love so many of these elements!!